- Horizon (version 7.4.2)
- WebReporter (version 1.5)
- LINCPac (version 3.1)
The Horizon software will be upgraded first, followed by LINCPac and then WebReporter. It is our understanding that the Horizon database and products will be unavailable during the entire upgrade process so libraries should plan to use PC Reliance during the downtime.
Staff in libraries will need to install a new client version for Horizon 7.4.2 on each of their Horizon staff workstations before the upgrade is completed on April 16. LTLS staff will copy the Horizon 7.4.2 client software on a CD and mail a copy to each library director, along with installation instructions, by March 20, 2009. This CD should be retained by the library for future use.
Those libraries that use additional add-on products, such as PC Reservation and self-check, should check with their vendor to ensure that their current product will work with Horizon 7.4.2.
Besides hundreds of ‘bug fixes’, new functionality available as a result of the upgrades include:
- Support for Microsoft Vista
- The ability to track In Transit items
- Ability for staff to determine if borrower expiration date should change when changing location or BTYPE
- The ability to obscure certain borrower information on patron receipts such as ************0081 instead of whole barcode
- The ability to automatically limit Borrower Search limit to specific groups of agencies
- The Checkin Hold Fill Screen displays the true notice method (e-mail or print)
- Ten new reports and many new attributes and filters for customizing the reports.
For questions about the upgrade, please email Rita Johnson, firstname.lastname@example.org.