We're happy to report that there are two additional products available through MyMediaMall ready for patron use: Project Gutenberg and LEAP.
The Project Gutenberg public domain EPUB eBooks appears as a clickable icon on the lower left column of the MyMediaMall home page, with the title 'Enjoy additional eBooks today'.
- This is a separate collection of eBooks from the MyMediaMall collection.
- The collection contains over 15,000 titles.
- Patrons do NOT need to sign in to download the Project Gutenberg titles.
- When a patron hovers over a book cover, the available metadata displays to them.
- Checkouts from the collection do not count against MyMediaMall regular checkout/lending options.
- Titles act like 'Always Available' titles so there are unlimited simultaneous downloads but downloads do not expire.
- The collection of eBooks also uses the Adobe Digital Editions software patrons are currently using.
- Please refer to the ‘tips’ link at the top of the introduction to the collection for instructions on how to download content.
- A report showing download statistics for the collection will be available via Content Reserve in the coming months. The reports will just show overall download statistics and not be library specific.
- MARC Records will not be available for these titles.
The LEAP Product, through bookshare.com, is for individuals who have a print disability such as a visual impairment, a physical disability or a severe learning disability. Click on the words 'Accessible e-books for the print impaired' in the upper left column of the MyMediaMall home page.
- LEAP is provided in cooperation with Bookshare (www.bookshare.org).
- Patrons who qualify for LEAP can login and download up to 20 accessible eBooks each month from Bookshare's collection of 60,000 eBooks, newspapers, and other electronic titles.
- Each patron’s membership at Bookshare is for one year.
- Bookshare provides these titles with free software and support for their use.