The Catalog Maintenance Center (CMC) is upgrading bibliographic records in LINC since late October of 2010. Although LINC's bibliographic records are 99% OCLC-derived, the CMC staff have been working to upgrade the remaining 1% to OCLC-derived records. The CMC's work, funded by the Illinois State Library, is being performed at no cost to the LINC libraries, including original cataloging of materials that do not have matching WorldCat bibliographic records. To date, more than 400 records have been upgraded.
In addition, this fiscal year the CMC is offering free original cataloging of special collection materials--such as local history and genealogy resources, local government documents, and the works of local authors--owned by Illinois libraries who otherwise would not be able to circulate such materials. Although the LTLS Cataloging Center remains the primary cataloging resource for LINC libraries that do not operate their own cataloging centers, there may be occasions when the CMC can provide special collections cataloging for LINC libraries. Please contact Vanessa Whippo, firstname.lastname@example.org, for additional information on this service.